Fog effect Photoshop action that you can download for free from PhotoshopSupply. Use this action to create fog effect quick and easy!
If you want to create fog and mist effect in Photoshop, try our free action. The fog effect is in separate layer so you can move, rotate, change the opacity, color, etc.
How To Make Fog With Photoshop
If you wonder how to add mist and fog effect to photos, here are some quick solutions.
First you have to prepare the photo. Decrease the saturation, lower the contrast and maybe add a blur to create a foggy effect.
You can add a white Color Fill adjustment with 5% opacity level.
To create fog effect in Photoshop you can try these methods:
- Fog Photoshop brushes – pick a white or light gray color and simply add fog using fog Photoshop brushes.
- Fog Overlay 1 2 – add the fog overlay over your photo and set the blend mode to Screen.
- Clouds Filter – create the fog texture overlay using the Clouds Photoshop filter. Use black and white for the foreground and background colors.
- Fog Photoshop Action – use this action to create the fog and mist effect
How To Use The Fog Effect Photoshop Action
To use the fog Photoshop action you have to follow these steps:
- Load the ATN file in Photoshop.
- Play the “Fog Photoshop Action“
- Customize the fog effect using the Brush Tool
This action creates fog&mist, but you can also use it to make smoke effect and even fluffy clouds.
Use the Layer Mask and a soft round brush to customize the result.
About Photoshop Actions
If you’ve never used Photoshop actions before and you are unsure how to use them, please take a couple of minutes and check out these great resources:
- What Are Photoshop Actions
- How To Install Photoshop Actions
- How To Use Photoshop Actions
Because they save a lot of money and time, Photoshop actions are really popular among graphic designers.
DOWNLOAD PHOTOSHOP ACTIONS